Friday, April 1, 2011

My Adventures with the Police (Almost)

The other day I had to travel to another county for two meetings.  I don't like to go to meetings but they are a necessary evil to my job.  This time I was grateful that both meetings happened to be scheduled on the same day.  While I was traveling around, I had several run-ins with the police. 

It was a giggle day!

So on the way to the meeting, I followed Pinkie, my GPS.  She got me there nicely but of course, she can't tell me where the parking lots are.  I went around the block cause it was all one way streets. 

I pulled into a parking lot but then saw a sign that I was in the wrong lot and I could be towed.  The parking lot I needed to be in was about 50 yards behind me on the wrong way of the one way street. 

hmmmmmmm   

Can I sneak from this lot over to the one that I need without incident?  I'm going to chance it.  And I did.

When I got out of the car and looked around the neighborhood, I saw the Police Station was right across the street from the parking area.  Good Job, Ames!   Going the wrong way on a one way street in front of the police station. 

Giggle!

My next run-in with the police was on my way to my second meeting.  I was in a city (as opposed to the country roads I drive every day) and there were traffic lights every block or so and once you catch one red, you catch ALL of them red.  I caught the first one red.  sigh.......

At the same time I was slogging my way through the lights, I was texting with Neicy.  Every red light, I would send a text.  Green light, put the phone down and drive. 

Lather, Rinse, Repeat. 

Until I got to one light with a left hand turn lane.  I'm sitting there waiting for the light and typing out a text.  Out of the corner of my eye, I see another car pull beside me.  It was white.  I looked up and there was a cop car sitting there waiting for the light.  In the car was an officer glaring at me for texting.  ooops!

I smiled and gave a little wave. 

And put the phone down.  Then the light changed and me and the officer went our own ways.  At the next light, I texted the incident to Neicy!    

Giggle!

I am thinking that maybe I have used all my "lives" with police.  I'm going to be paying close attention to stuff around me and the speed limits for a while!  Giggle!



NOTE:  this was a REAL adventure, not april fools!

2 comments:

  1. oy...too many close ones for me...the cops love me too much...giggles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They seem to be following me everyday to work!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds