Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Trip

Neicy and I took off this past weekend to Tennessee.  It was a sad reason for a road trip, a friend of ours is dying and we had to say good-bye.  But we had some lovely scenery to view on the drive, as well as just leaving our problems behind.


If you enlarge this, it says Naked Mountain Winery.
We're going back to sample their wines!


Just off I-81.
Beautiful!


I-81 was ENDLESS!
But lots to see


This is Endless Caverns in the Mountainside
We're going back to check this out too



We stopped and hiked in Bays Mountain Park, TN
Its a lovely area.


On the way out of the Park

Overall, it was a good quick get a way that has given us a plan for lots of other things to go and see.

4 comments:

  1. even though the sadness at the heart of the trip, i am glad you experienced such beauty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you could make the trip to see your friend. What beautiful scenery in which to travel Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the TN mountains. but I am very sorry to hear about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I81 in Virginia is beautiful... tough way to have to experience it, though.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds