Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Random Thought Tuesday

I thought I would toss some of the odd mis-matched thoughts floating around my head recently.  Go here to see more Random Thoughts!

*****
Son has been wandering around the house singing.  If he hadn't inherited my sense of pitch, I would enjoy it!  But since he has been singing so much, he was awarded the Music Student of the Month for October!  Way to go Son! 

*****
I have been sitting here watching all the traffic on the river tonight.  Lots and lots of ships heading to sea!  I even turned out the lights so I could see them better.  Of course that makes typing a little more difficult. 

*****
Even though I live in a hick, backwards, everyone is related to everyone (except me!) town, I found out we have a wonderful Autism Center.  They have lots of programs for kids on the Autism Spectrum, they work with your child study team if you want them too, and they are starting a Lego Group.  The kids get together and work to build a project, all the while learning how to socialize with everyone.  They are collecting Legos for this group.  I think I will donate a project for Christmas!  The best thing about this Center (other than being LOCAL!) is the programs are FREE to county residents (ME and SON!!!!).  I LOVE THIS PLACE!

*****
I am a grant writer and at the end of the year, the counties send out their requests for proposals where they are asking for non-profits to beg them for money and tell them how we will spend their money.  Thankfully, this year each of the counties where we provide services have sent out their RFP's in a different month.  This means I didn't have to kill my fingers to get them done! I am currently working on 7 different ones that are due December 3rd.

*****
My landlord said I can get a puppy!  As long as its a small puppy.  Oh wouldn't Son be excited if I told him!  Now comes the research into whether I want a puppy or a rescue doggie.  Puppies are SO cute.

*****
My step-mother went to a convention today and brought back lots of give-a-ways (aka JUNK) and she wants to share with Son.  Thankfully she didn't get home in time to share with Son tonight.

*****
My friend, Denise is now a Scenti Consultant.  This is a candle system that doesn't burn.  It uses a light bulb to melt the scented wax.  I was her first guinea pig and hosted her first party.  She did a wonderful job and my friends and I got to smell over 80 scents.  It was a very fun afternoon!  Thanks Denise!

I think I dumped enough randomness out there tonight!  Don't forget to visit other Random Tuesday Thoughts at The Un Mom

4 comments:

  1. I just love those scented granules that I buy on-line! You just put them in a tea-light holder or a bowl on a radiator and the smells last for ages! I'll have to remember to buy some more! They weren't expensive, but they were a lot less mess than candles! I love candle light and nice smells, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dontcha just love Random Tuesday! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your random thoughts were very nice to read nothing way out there you know.

    Being from back there in the boonies I can't believe they have such a terrific program for Autisim Kids. You should be so grateful.

    I would love to live where you live and watch the ships go by day and night. Keep sending me pictures please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for you to get a puppy! YAY!!! And thanks for the Scentsy mention AND for being my guinea pig....we had alot of fun that afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds