Thursday, February 4, 2010

Go Red for Women! Theme Thursday

Go Red For Women celebrates the energy, passion and power we have as women to band together to wipe out heart disease and stroke.  Friday, February 5th (TOMORROW!) is National Wear Red Day!  Its our chance to speak out against heart disease in women.

Since my Dad's recent heart troubles and my Aunts proclaimation that it seems hereditary, I am starting to teach myself how to be heart healthy.  I joined the Go Red for Women website for FREE!

They offer TONS of information to educate yourself on being heart healthy.  They even offer a 12-week Better U make over that could change your life!  I am going to sign up for it and see how that can help me improve myself.

There are heart healthy recipes and BLOGGERS!  Four women who are blogging about their trip to a Better U.  Go check them out!

Go Red for Women did not commensate me for this. 

Check out other Theme Thursday Bloggers!

16 comments:

  1. Good post. i should exercise more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about this but I'm going to check it out. Heart disease is in my family too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going there now,I really need to do this as I have already had TIA'S(mini strokes), but it is not easy for me. You are smart to start young. Going to check it out,thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good take for TT. i love this logo adn this org. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! Who doesn't need to be healthier?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time to get heart healthy huh??
    I LOVE red!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOH! I'm definitely going to wear red tomorrow, just to support you!
    This is a brilliant idea. I know that I spend far too much time on the computer, and I feel so yuk since I stopped running when I broke my ankle last Summer!
    THAT is something that I'm going to have to start again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post! i am wearing red today! you only get one heart, we should really treat it nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, love this post! great take on the theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful post..I'm wearing red today and will certainly do so tomorrow as well to commemorate this wonderful org.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'll wear my red shirt tomorrow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have heart disease in my family and Ray has already had a stroke so I will wear red tomorrow. Thanks for spreading the word Ames. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great post! I will definately wear red.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great post. i didn't realize there was a national wear red day...but i am wearing red.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are celebrating red day at my nursing home today too. I didn't know why and now I do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the second post I've found promoting national Wear Red Day. We don't have it here in Oz but sounds like a pretty cool idea. We have Jeans for Genes, Daffodil Day (Cancer) and a number of others. . this one's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds