Thursday, April 4, 2013

Moving On

Yesterday was my birthday.  And it was a good day.  See it was also the day I decided to move on with my life.  I have written about being a flip-flop on what to do with my life.  I've finally reached the point of no return.

I am done with AZ and the possibility of having a really relationship with him.  I don't know if there was any one thing that pushed me over the edge.  I think I just realized that I am tired of not wanting to come home after work, of spending time in my room because I don't want to listen to his snoring or watch him passed out on the couch.   I don't want Jakes to see that.

I want more. And I'm going to get it.

My friends and family have been wonderfully supportive, even when I was determined to make this work.  And now that I've made the decision to move on, they are being wonderfully supportive again.  Lots of offers to help move and since the new apartment is on the second floor, I'm going to need strong backs!

Any volunteers?  Ha-ha!

When I got home tonight, AZ was apparently having a bad day.  He didn't share with me what all was  wrong, but then we haven't been sharing much of anything lately.   So I added to his already bad day by telling him I was leaving.  He hasn't said anything to me since then.

He never even wished me a happy birthday before I told him I was leaving.

4 comments:

  1. woot...hey i know it is not easy turning that page....and i am glad you have those around you that will support you through it....

    happy belated birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad you're doing this for yourself. You're so right that you deserve more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard day, I know. But SO proud of you for standing up for yourself and putting YOU first.

    (Happy Birthday!)

    I'm going to plan to visit your new place next time I get to Jersey :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds