Friday, January 3, 2014

Friends Who Are Nominated for SaintHood

I've been friends with Janet and Phil since High School, when they were together in high school and I have been friends with them separately as well.  Janet did my hair for my wedding.  Phil was good friends with my ex.  There was a time when I lost contact with both of them, but as with true friends, when you come back together its like you've never been apart.
Phil and Janet
Janet and I have gotten closer since I've moved to the same town where she's lived.  We've made yummy chocolate and caramel snacks together, tried new cider vodka drinks, and of course went shopping together at Christmas time.  She and Phil have jet ski's that we've taken out on the river this summer.  

When it came time for me to move to a second floor apartment, I knew I would need strong helpers. Janet's son is 23 and has lots of strong friends.  Janet volunteered Jason to help me.  Don't ya love how that happens?

Janet and Phil also have a truck, trailer and van!  Janet volunteered to bring the truck, trailer and van to help along with my Daddy's truck and trailer.  Janet also volunteered Phil's help.  giggle.
Phil and Me on New Years Eve
On Saturday, we all showed up at the house to start loading my stuff.  The original plan was to get most of the stuff and leave the heavy lifting for Jason and his friends on Sunday.  But since the weather was looking like crap (up to an inch of rain), Phil decided to see how much we could get done on Saturday.

Phil and Jakes teamed up for the heavier lifting and moving of furniture while Janet and I focused on boxes and packing anything that was left.  By 1:30, we had the house emptied and all the vehicles full.  Anything that didn't fit in the vehicles this trip was left on the back deck at the house until we could empty the vehicles and come back.

After lunch, we headed back to the house for the final stuff.  Jakes and Phil muscled my fridge up the steps, along with everything else.  They really made a good team, Jakes and Phil.
Janet and me New Years Eve

When we finished unloading the second time, Jakes had to go home so Phil and Janet helped me to set up Jakes bed and put the doors on the fridge.  They finally left around 6:30 to head home.  

It was a long day and I love them for all their help!  They did so much more than I expected.  I hereby nominate them for SaintHood for going above and beyond the call of duty!

I love you guys and ANYTIME you need ANYTHING, I'm there!

6 comments:

  1. nice...it is great to have friends like that...who you can depend on...and have been there for you through out it all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few good friends make life all the merrier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to make me cry Amy ;-) Jacob did an awesome job, such a trooper and Phil enjoyed having him as a sidekick all day. But anyway like I always tell you... WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR ? You'd do the same for us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to make me cry Amy ;-) Jacob did an awesome job, such a trooper and Phil enjoyed having him as a sidekick all day. But anyway like I always tell you... WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR ? You'd do the same for us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fantastic! It's always nice to have friends like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am catching up! Glad you got moved and have good friends to help the process! OH MY! And..Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds