Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pins and Needles

I have been through this 4 other times but experience doesn't always help with the anxiety. Son's surgery is tomorrow sometime. But I am still worried about tomorrow. I guess it doesn't matter how many times you have been through this before, you still worry about what these people are going to do to your baby. Even if the baby is 10! lol

I have instructions from the hospital to attach my phone to me today while waiting for them to call with our arrival time. Its in my pocket as I type.



This will be the first surgery he has had that I am not taking "support" with me to the hospital. I have convinced myself that since we have been through this before and I am in a MUCH better place mentally, I can do this on my own. Plus the hospital has free internet so I can still keep in touch with my "support" cybernetically.

So, positive thinking: Everything will be fine for Son. Actually, he will be better because when he comes out, he will be able to hear! YAY! I will be fine because I am strong and healthy.

And I can't wait to get him home and watch movies all afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. I do believe he will be fine, and I am praying for him and the surgeons. But with that being said....I think you still should have someone with you for support. I wish I could be that person, but the timing just didnt work out. I do feel bad about that, I guess I should have said that sooner. Is it too late to get your dad to go?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds