Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I LOVE my therapist!

I don't usually post twice in a day but I am SO excited that I need to share this with EVERYONE!  I LOVE my therapist.  Not Jacob's therapist but mine.

You HAVE TO, MUST cannot go on without reading this story.  GO now!  I'll wait.  When you get back I will tell you why I LOVE my therapist.


Ok.  You're back, GREAT!  So you have the back story on my therapist and why I loved her before.  In my last post about our therapy I kinda glossed over the horrible session we had with Vickie.  Jakes and I both left in tears and Vickie still didn't realize that her intervention didn't work and even made things worse.  To hear our trusted therapist tell me that I should send my son away broke my heart and my trust in her. 

At my first appointment with Kate, we briefly discussed the session, not that I remembered much other than her telling me to send my son away.  I vented to Kate about my feelings in how that session was handled, as well as some other things Vickie did that bugged me.  She wanted to talk with Vickie about it as well so I signed a release and left.  We had a session scheduled with Vickie that night so Kate was going to try and catch up with her before then.

I have since found out that Vickie did talk with Kate, WHILE Jakes was in session.  She sent Jakes to play in the playroom while she sat in her office on the phone.  Nice, huh?

Anyway, that's over for now.  Kate and I talked today about different options for us getting therapy without Vickie.  There are several options to explore but the one that I like the best is me and Jakes seeing Val.  They can bill us under MY insurance while Kate sees me individually until she is convinced that I really am ok.  Which I am.

I am waiting for Val to check her schedule to see when she can fit us in and I am hoping that it will be any night of the week other than Tuesdays.  If we don't have therapy on Tuesdays, then I can sing EVERY WEEK!  Woot!

There are 2 drawbacks to this plan.  One is that I have a co-pay for my insurance.  Its pretty high but I don't care.  This is Val and I know that Jakes will do well with her. Two, their office is about 15 minutes further than our current one and we already travel about 40 minutes.  Again, I don't care.  Its Val and Kate.  I trust them with my life.  They saved us once before and they are only better therapists now.

For now, things are on hold until Val works her magic on her schedule and Jakes has his evaluation with the psychiatrist on November 10th.  I am hoping to get ADHD meds for him.  I am hoping that will be our miracle.  Or maybe our miracle is Val and Kate together again.  

I don't care.  Either Miracle Works for Me.  I have hope again.  I know I can make this work with Jakes.

4 comments:

  1. I hope everything works out. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as a therapist, i LOVE this story ... glad you are finding a good match and path for you and Jakes. even with a bigger co-pay, knowing you trust her with your life ... that is priceless ... you deserve a quality person and quality support. awesome news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! I am psyched that you are psyched!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds