Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Science Fair Project

January is the time for Science Fair Projects to be turned in.  Jakes has been working on his.  Unfortunately, it has taken up most of my house.  Just in time for Christmas, too!

Here's a picture story:

I found my dining room table and we got a plywood base
Thanks Aunt Neicy!
We have to build THIS
Plus another one
From this.
I spent 2 days sorting this and another tub just like it.
But it made building MUCH easier!
This thing is HUGE!
We had to move it to the floor.
The car REALLY runs on it!

We finished it on Thursday, called the grandparents to come and see it.  G-Pop helped to trouble shoot a couple of things and it WORKS!  After taking measurements, test runs, LOTS of pictures and video, we had to take it down to make room for Santa to come.

We have to build a second one and hopefully will be able to transport that one to the school for display.  Don't ask me what Son's hypothesis is, all I know about the project is we have to build and take one into the school.  That's more than enough for me to know!

I will post pics and video of the next one, plus the results of the science fair in January.

5 comments:

  1. ha. this looks like a lot of fun...which is what science shoulf be about...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - that is very impressive!! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crap, i am truly amazed. And the best part is that you didn't kill each other while doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds