Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Week

I have a full house this week.  Jakes, Jaxon and the three kitties are all home.  This morning Jakes and Jaxon were rough housing and there just wasn't enough room in the room for all of us. 

I have talked with my Dr about getting off my anti-depression medications.  With Jakes out of the house and the stress of dealing with him lower, I think I can handle life without the help of medication.  I am the type of person that doesn't want to take any medication if its not necessary. I will take it if I need it.  I will wean myself off the meds and if I don't feel like I can handle life, I will go back up on the dosage.  But I'd like to try to get off them if possible.  There is the chance that I'm not ready yet.  I will be smart about this decision and see what happens.

When I told my family that I was going to come off the "happy pills", their first reaction was to make sure I was waiting until after the new year, after Jakes went home after this week.  I am glad that I listened to them about waiting a week.

My Boys
Can you stay upset at those faces?

Tonight we went to dinner with our neighbors and I was reminded why Jakes lives with his Dad.  I was kicking around the idea of having Jakes come and stay with me for the summer but after tonight, I don't think so.  We'll have to see when summer gets closer.

I am enjoying having Jakes here in a way but I have also gotten used to being on my own with just the animals.  So having him here is an adjustment for both of us.  Friday will be here before we know it!

3 comments:

  1. eh mixed feelings on you having that eye opener tonight...wish you hadnt got it but glad you did...cool on the meds...i think it is smart to try...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it's good that you are having a great time (mostly) but it's also good that things with Jakes aren't super perfect. I think that would have led to doubt about your (TOTALLY CORRECT) decision on where he lives.

    Summer is a ways off, just keep taking things slow and easy and see how life flows. You are doing great.

    I'm with you on the meds thing. If it's the outside life that is causing depression - as opposed to chemical imbalance regardless of life - i think it's good to try to come off. I am sure you will be smart and thoughtful about it, it's how you are.

    Much hugs, love and good cheer to you.

    HaPPy NeW yeAr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the meds just to make sure things keep rolling on a constant for me and when the unexpected dips occur, I'm much better able to handle them. I've tried a few times to go off, but I eventually always go back on. No more offs for me, but if you haven't tried it yet, it wouldn't hurt to try!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds