Tuesday, August 7, 2012

worries

Vacation is not a time to worry about things, its a time to relax and enjoy the time off.  Spend it with special wonderful family and friends.  And I was doing just that, sleeping until 10 am, bike riding with friends, spending a little time with Jakes.  Enjoying my time with AZ.

But then comes that text message with an update on Daddy and the worries start.  For my new followers, Daddy is in congestive heart failure and has been for about 2 years.  He also has two leaking valves in his heart. Because of past cancers, smoking and alcohol use, he doesn't qualify for a heart transplant which is really what he needs.

Dad has been fairly stable of late.  Taking his meds as prescribed and following up with the dr as required. And being careful how much he does, recognizing when his body says to stop.

They recently did an MRI of his heart and found what they think is an aortic aneurysm.  Unfortunately, this is all I/we know about the situation.  They are going to do an ultrasound ASAP to determine better what's going on in there.  We don't know anything else. 

I am scared.  And guilty.  I just moved away from him and started my own life again and now he's sicker.

ESM said not to worry too much until we know more but I can't help it.  Its in my DNA to worry.  So for now, I'm trying not to worry and am saying extra prayers that he'll be ok.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry my friend.

    It's hard and guilt is a bitch, but know this:

    If women waited on everyone in their life to all be in a good place before we did something for ourselves, for our lives, we would (and often have) never do what we need to do.

    You'll be there for your Daddy, never doubt.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont put that guilt on yourself...and in reality there is nothing you can do...will send some prayers up...do try to relax....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whether you lived there or not, he'd still be in the same health condition. There's no reason to feel guilty, but saying a few extra prayers is always a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds