Monday, July 29, 2013

Rainy Day Fun

Yesterday was my last day of vacation.  I spent it getting organized to go back to work.  You know, making sure the glasses are in the pocketbook, that there is stuff for lunches and munchies.  All the fun stuff.

Then it started raining.  When I looked at the weather map, it didn't look like it was going to be too bad, just a passing shower with maybe some thunder with it.  An hour and a half it was STILL raining.  And I don't mean a little shower.  There was WALLS of water coming down.  According to the news today, we had over 4 inches of rain in an hour and a half.  The water just didn't have anywhere to go.

So what did we do while it was raining?  We grabbed umbrella's, my camera and went to play in the rain!  Here is some of the fun we had:

No flooding in the camper, just lots of water around it

One road over had more water than ours.  This kid had a good idea!
Singin' in the Rain! AZ was dancing around like Gene Kelly.
Jaxon loved being out in the water, not when it was raining
Jerks who think its okay to drive through flooded streets
After it stopped raining, it only took about an hour before the road was passable.  I've been looking at pictures on the local news website and many people lost cars and had water in their homes.  Such a shame!

3 comments:

  1. THAT is A TON of rain! But...what fun to splash around in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my that is a lot of rain....loots like the storms we have been getting....flooding out roads and such...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel bad for those with the damage, but your rain photos had me smiling!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds