Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday, Monday

Its a rainy Monday and I'm a happy camper!  The rain will wash away the snow and ice and the temperatures will be warmer than they were over the weekend.  I really do not like this kind of a winter!


After Venting about my start with Jakes, things got better between us.  I had yelled at him and threatened to take him back to his fathers if he didn't change how he was treating the people at the Compound.  When I got out of the shower, he was a different kid.  He apologized to me and he worked really hard to change his attitude toward me.  On Sunday, when it was time for him to get ready to leave, he said he didn't want to go back to his Dad's.  He said it was because he didn't want to go to school on Tuesday but I think there is more going on over there then he's telling me.  The complete story will come out eventually, in dribs and drabs.





I am looking forward to singing tomorrow; I really missed singing last semester.  We have some really NEAT songs to learn; the spring concert is going to be such FUN!  doom-a-loom-a, doom-a-loom-a, doom-a-loom-a, doom-a-loom-a, doom-a-loom-a.


Jakes is turning 13 on Friday.  Everyone gets to choose where we go to dinner for their birthday, even if they want to eat at home.  Jakes let me know where he wants to go and who to invite.  Last night when he got home, he asked if he could invite a GIRL to dinner with us!  Um.... sure.... my baby is growing up!  A GIRL!  sigh..... I don't think I'm ready for this......


**I know the girl and her grandmother lives at The Compound**



The Blogging Mama Andrea put me onto a new book, Every Day a Friday, by Joel Osteen.  I read the first chapter and it really hit home for me.  I can't wait for it to be available at my local library (there's a waiting list) so I can finish reading it!  I don't know how I'm going to feel about the religious part of the book but I'm sure there are loads of ways I can apply what he's saying to my life, with or without the religious aspect.  Maybe I can even get Neicy to read it........




Dad and Renie bought a camper, henceforth named The Thing!  Its SO Nice too.  They are planning lots of weekend trips for all of us.  Should be interesting and fun!



Time to get this Monday, Monday rolling.  Have a good one!

4 comments:

  1. I know eek on the religious bit, but you know I'm about 75-80 pages in and the religious part of the book can be anything you want it to be. It can be related to god or you can make about just a higher power than yourself, it doesn't have to be anything in particular.

    Of course it is written as God centered but for me I'm just remembering to wake up everyday and Choose to be happy. Even when things over the weekend bothered me or made me frustrated I tried to remember that I have to be the one to put forward a happy face if I want to be happy. It's not easy but thus far, I catch myself wanting to rant and I have to remind myself, is it woth allowing that person or thing have power over me? Is it worth being upset and letting it steal my happiness?

    The answers no but it's not always easy to. I think for me the book is about just making the effort to make every day a Friday, to make everyday a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool on the camper...and i am glad things got better between you...it will come out eventually...have fun with his birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking Jakes will really enjoy some of the weekend trips too!

    You mention compound a lot. What exactly does that indicate? A neighborhood, complex?

    Yay for starting to sing tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek a girl...I am not ready for Tommy to want a girl to come over for dinner.

    Have fun singing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds