Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fishing Fun

Jakes, Jaxon and I had to leave the sand bar when the tide changed and started coming in.  When its high tide, there is no sand bar.  YIKES!  After we lost the sand bar and the beach, we started fishing.  Or I should say, AZ, Jakes and a couple of friends started fishing.  I sat in the sun and chased the bugs away.

My fisherman


My other fisherman, with some of the catch of the day.
Perch!  YUUUUMMMMMMMMM


We ended up with 8 keeper perch, which AZ cleaned and cut up.  I breaded and fried them and they were pretty darn tasty!


Cleaning the fishies
Its hard work!

At one point they ran out of worms and went searching the yard for more.  They were wandering around the neighborhood looking for worms.  I teased them that they were like worm addicts and would look for a support group for them. 

When the fishing was done and all cleaned up, we cooked the fish, hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad and homemade ice cream.  It was a great ending to a great day.

2 comments:

  1. You had me at "homemade ice cream." Mmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a day I would enjoy!

    You have to watch those tidal changes, especially if you're in a boat.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds