Thursday, October 3, 2013

This Kid Will Be King

Homecoming King, that is.


This kid:

MY Kid

and his GirlFriend have been nominated for Homecoming King and Queen for the freshman class at his school!  They are so excited and I am too.  I am also SO proud of him.

I made sure he has a nice outfit planned and will also make sure he has the right dance moves ready to unleash.

Jakes started High School with no IEP, Special Education supports, just a normal High School Freshman.  He seems to have a good group of friends, I haven't met any yet, but they seem to treat him well.  I've spied (Shhhh! Don't tell him!) on his Facebook page and some private messages on there and he seems to be doing well.

I am SO proud of my son for working hard to overcome his Aspergers and to fit into "normal" society.

I also can't wait to hear if they win King and Queen!  Come one Saturday!!!!

4 comments:

  1. good for him...and that is awesome on homecoming....ours is this weekend as well.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times. So nice to hear you are reaping some joy after all the pain.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds