Monday, January 19, 2015

Round Robin - Crazy Mind

I'm sure you've heard the game "Bringin' Home the Bacon"  Its a game where you name celebrities until you bring it back to Kevin Bacon.  At least that's how I think it works.

Well, something similar happened to me the other day.  Since its been SO cold, I dug out my red wool coat.  Its so warm!  

It amazes me how the mind works and here is how the Bringing Home the Bacon reference comes in...

Someone complimented my coat and how brightly colored it is.  Its a beautiful red!  So then my mind goes to other brightly colored clothing, like what my dad used to wear.  He always wore the fluorescent colors, especially orange.  He also had sweat jackets in every shade of the fluorescent family, green, yellow, orange and even PINK!

My mind took me to one day that I took Daddy for chemo and when he checked in with the nurses at his station, he made sure to show then the two different colored jackets he had on.  Throughout the day, a bunch of different nurses would come over to say "hi" and check out what colors he was wearing.

So while I was smiling, there were also tears as my mind took this round robin way far away from the compliment on my beautiful red warm coat.

The mind is an amazing thing, where it goes, no one knows.

2 comments:

  1. smiles...i am glad it gave you good memories...even if bitter sweet....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to let my wonder while I'm knitting or quilting and it always surprises me to see where I end up.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds