Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tidbit Tuesday

Saying lots of prayers for everyone in and around Boston who has been affected by the horrific bombings there.  I"m also praying that the law enforcement agencies there are able to find the sicko(s) who did this.




Last week we found out that our Autism Center is closed. There was a simple email asking us for patience while they analyzed things to see where they could go with the new lack of funding.  Then Jill at the Farm heard that the Center wouldn't be paying for any services going forward.  This is not a good thing for the kids who need help with transitions!  To have their services (there were many in addition to the Equine Therapy) yanked from them with no notice.  I know there are many parents who have been doing a mad scramble to get things in place to keep their kids moving forward.

Jill and her group of wonderful parents are working together to find funding to continue the Equine Therapy for the Autism Kids.  They are planning a Chinese Auction and I am keeping my eyes pealed for grants that would work for the Farm.




Jakes and I had another blow out this weekend.  He's not speaking to me and has said that he won't be coming to see me EVER.  giggle.  And until he apologizes for his mouth and his other behaviors from this past weekend, I don't want to hear from him either.

For now, Jakes and I are not talking and he says he won't be coming back to my house ever.  We'll see how long that lasts, probably until his dad annoys him and he needs to get away from his father.  But he'd better be ready to apologize to me before he's allowed in my house again.




Things between AZ and I are going really well.  He has been awake and sober and we are both participating in the relationship.  I have hope again!  We are planning a camping trip for Mothers Day weekend.  We're going to stay local, its cheaper!  Dad and ESM are going to meet us at the campground where they will have their own site just down the road.

JR and his friends have made the camper their "man cave" over the winter and AZ has already told them they will be cleaning it before we leave.  I said I'm not touching it, its all their responsibility.




AZ and I are planning to put in a garden.  I can't wait to get the ground tilled and get some plants in there!  Fresh veggies over the summer!  Oh YUM!




My Spring Concert is coming up soon.  The choir is working hard to get the right notes and words in place.  I love working with my voice!  I'll miss this over the summer.




Well, that's about all that's going on my little corner of the world.  How's things where you are?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad things are going well with you and AZ but just proceed cautiously! I don't want you to get played.

    Oh Jakes...he's being a typical teenager, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds