Monday, September 16, 2013

Tidbits

Dad starts Chemo tomorrow.  ESM is going with him and they are expecting to be there until early afternoon.  UGH.  Makes for a long boring day.  Dad will come home with a pump for two days and then go back to have it removed on Thursday.

I will be stopping over to walk their dog at lunchtime. Oscar is a sweetheart!  He just spent the weekend with us as Dad and ESM were taking one last long weekend trip for the end of summer.
The 4-legged boys relaxing in the sunshine


Jakes and I didn't have a very good weekend.  I picked him up at 5:30 pm Friday and he was back home by 9:30 am Saturday.  I will not be disrespected and threatened to the extent that he did in my own home.  I don't know that he learned a lesson but he's sent me a text today to apologize and ask my forgiveness.  Jakes and I will be having a talk before he comes back to my house for a visit.


Huny and I had a pretty good evening this weekend.  We went to a backyard wedding reception that ended with beers, wines, and a bonfire!  Lots of silliness, adult time and relaxation was had by all!  I met some of Huny's old friends and got to hear some "stories" of the old days.  They are good people who we need to hang out with more often.

A fabulous way to relax with friends

That's my weekend.  How was yours?


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a relaxing time for both you and your dad. I'm glad he enjoyed himself like that before starting treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job setting the boundaries with jakes...sorry it was a bad week...like you needed that with everything else..but it could be him dealing with the stress of that as well but not even knowing it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We took the long drive home from Maine, with a detour in Newport for the boat show. A weekend alone, just the two of us. Yes, adult time. Nothing like it. I am proud of you for showing tough love to Jakes for his disrespectful behaviour. You were so right to take that stand. Keep on keeping on, Girl!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some seeds